Lufthansa is in the process of setting up a new enterprise data platform for delivering and maintaining data products that support all Lufthansa business processes. Currently, the data infrastructure is still fragmented, consisting of various Database and Data Warehousing technologies - including Hadoop, Teradata and Oracle.
The new platform is in its finalization stage, the first data use cases have been implemented already. Data products are mainly Querying, Reporting, Self-Service-BI and Data Visualization for end users from Lufthansa business departments. This requires curating and complex joining of data from numerous source systems. There is also a growing demand of data science use cases, which will be implemented in the new enterprise data platform.
A Data (Warehouse) Architect is now demanded to plan and setup the
Oracle migration project - and become a central team member of the
migration project once it has been kicked-off. If you have experience as a data warehouse architect (or similar role) and/or experience in leading database migrations - especially in a DWH environment -, here is a challenging project opportunity for you!
New Enterprise Data Platform architecture consists of following Azure
- Data Ingest: Azure Data Factory, Kafka
- Data Prep: Azure Databricks
- Storage: Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse, Azure Postgres
- Service Layer: Tableau and Power I
Who are we?
Lufthansa Systems Poland is acclaimed and widely recognized provider of superior services and IT solutions for the aeronautical, logistic and financial industries. As a part of the Lufthansa Group we implement technological solutions and dedicated services.
Who are you?
- Substantial experience as a data warehouse architect (or similar),
- Substantial experience in database migration projects, or in data warehousing,
- Ideally Oracle DWH and target architecture experience,
- Fluent English.
What do we welcome?
- Experience with version control software,
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
What do we offer?
- An international working environment, atmosphere that stimulates development,
- Individual career path,
- Flexible form of cooperation (employment contract or B2B)
- Lufthansa Group membership benefits,
- Flexible working time and place adjusted to employee’s needs. Possibility of starting your workday between 07:00 and 11:00,
- Workplace adjusted to employee's needs,
- Support for your passion for sports within the local activity group and co-financing
- Multisport cards,
- Private medical care for employees and their family members.
Please be informed that mentioned benefits may vary in different forms of cooperation.