Lufthansa is in the process of setting up a new enterprise data platform for delivering and maintaining data products that support all Lufthansa business processes. Currently, the data infrastructure is still fragmented, consisting of various Database and Data Warehousing technologies – including Hadoop, Teradata and Oracle. The new platform is in its finalization stage, the first data use cases have been implemented already. Data products are mainly Querying, Reporting, Self-Service-BI and Data Visualization for end users from Lufthansa business departments. This requires curating and complex joining of data from numerous source systems. There is also a growing demand of data science use cases, which will be implemented in the new enterprise data platform. If you have substantial experience in coding data transformation jobs, then here is a great carrier opportunity for you! For the new enterprise data platform dozens of Data Engineers will be needed to develop, migrate and maintain data pipelines (formerly ETL/ELT jobs). Data Engineering is a skill that will be highly demanded for the years to come. If you love working with data, you are the right person for the job! You will become part of a Scrum DevOps Team. The team implements or migrates data products self-organized. The team size varies, from small teams for stand-alone use cases to up to eight developers. User stories provision and prioritization are done by Lufthansa Product Owners. New Enterprise Data Platform architecture consists of following Azure services:- Data Ingest: Azure Data Factory, Kafka- Data Prep: Azure Databricks- Storage: Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse, Azure Postgres- Service Layer: Tableau and Power BI
Who are we?
Lufthansa Systems Poland is acclaimed and widely recognized provider of superior services and IT solutions for the aeronautical, logistic and financial industries. As a part of the Lufthansa Group we implement technological solutions and dedicated services.
Who are you?
- Willingness to learn new technologies,
- Substantial experience in implementing data transformation jobs or similar database know-how,
- Substantial experience with SQL, SAS, R type of coding,
- Python or Apache Spark would be helpful, but not mandatory.
What do we welcome?
- Experience with version control software,
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
What do we offer?
- An international working environment, atmosphere that stimulates development,
- Individual career path,
- Flexible form of cooperation (employment contract or B2B),
- Lufthansa Group membership benefits,
- Flexible working time and place adjusted to employee’s needs. Possibility of starting your workday between 07:00 and 11:00,
- Support for your passion for sports within the local activity group and co-financing Multisport cards,
- Private medical care for employees and their family members.
Please be informed that mentioned benefits may vary in different forms of cooperation.