We are looking for passionate and experienced Senior Software Engineers as part of our high-performing, motivated agile teams in the Technology Center of Excellence. Our experts in the Technology Center of Excellence operate as central enablers of technology for international product teams and experts of the Lufthansa Group. The goal is to carry out or accompany cloud-native transformations and to implement our cloud-first strategy in a sustainable way by implementing modern technologies within the organization and establishing technology standards within our company. You will have the opportunity to help shape the future technologies, architectures, and their respective cloud-platforms and services at enterprise level of Lufthansa Systems as well as that of the Lufthansa Group. In order for you to carry out your job we will provide you with modern development tools and an agile environment
Who are we?
Lufthansa Systems Poland is acclaimed and widely recognized provider of superior services and IT solutions for the aeronautical, logistic and financial industries. As a part of the Lufthansa Group we implement technological solutions and dedicated services.
Who are you?
- At least 5 years of work experience in the field of information technology,
- Extensive knowledge of cloud-native design principles, microservice
concepts as well as their implementation,
- Expert knowledge in current programming languages like Java or Go,
- Very good analytical skills with a strong agile mindset, high degree of
willingness to be proactively engaged with a hands-on mentality,
- Very strong communication and negotiation skills, customer-service
orientation, as well as ability to be assertive,
- Good knowledge of the creation of container-based applications and their
respective deployment and orchestration via Kubernetes,
- Confident use of version control systems in conjunction with Continuous
Integration and Continuous Deployment,
- Good knowledge of SSDLC, OWASP and Cloud Security,
- Practical experience using scripting languages such as Python or Bash,
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux based operating systems,
- High degree of interpersonal skills and ability to include others,
- Very high degree of willingness to be proactively engaged,
- Very high resilience and pronounced flexibility,
- Distinct ability for interdisciplinary, holistic, and goal-oriented work,
- High willingness to take on responsibility as well as the ability to formulate
mature solutions in light of corporate and economic objectives,
- Confident and capable of representing the organization in both an internal
and external setting,
- Strong ability to think both analytically and conceptually,
- Ability to precisely explain complex issues,
- Cross-cultural competence.
What do we welcome?
- Day-to-day work experience at one or more leading public cloud providers
like Azure, GCP or AWS,
- Practical experience with leading container orchestration like Kubernetes
and corresponding tools,
- Day-to-day work experience in a DevSecOps approach,
- Experience with a Scrum-based collaboration,
- Knowledge of Software Architecture Modelling (e.g. by means of UML or
Why do we need you?
Your main job duties as a Senior Software Engineer with a Cloud Native
emphasis include the development of new concepts and solutions in the
- Conception and implementation of microservices utilizing various
programming languages and state-of the-art tooling,
- Usage of cloud-native technologies, tools and frameworks in agile and
- Responsibility for the implementation of new technologies and their
integration in the existing system environment, as well as the continuing
service of technologies currently in production,
- Supervision and support our engineering teams in cloud-native
transformations for software solutions,
- Act as coach and mentor for team members with a sense for analyzing and
solving technical problems,
- DevSecOps-oriented collaboration with Architecture Owners, Product
Owners, Site Reliability Engineers and Scrum Masters,
- Review of technical details and evaluation or solicitation of vendor bids,
- Conducting effort evaluations and cost-benefit analysis,
- Close collaboration with distributed, international agile teams,
- Taking on special assignments as necessary.
What do we offer?
- An international working environment, atmosphere that stimulates development,
- Individual career path,
- Flexible form of cooperation (employment contract or B2B),
- Lufthansa Group membership benefits,
- Support for your passion for sports within the local activity group and co-financing Multisport cards,
- Private medical care for employees and their family members.
Please be informed that mentioned benefits may vary in different forms of cooperation.