We are looking for experienced Senior Site Reliability Engineers as part of our high-performing, motivated agile teams in the Technology Center of Excellence.
Our experts in the Technology Center of Excellence operate as central enablers of technology for international product teams and experts of the Lufthansa Group. The goal is to carry out or accompany cloud-native transformations and to implement our cloud-first strategy in a sustainable way by implementing modern technologies within the organization and establishing technology standards within our company. You will have the opportunity to help shape the future technologies, services and cloud platforms of Lufthansa Systems as well as that of the Lufthansa Group. You will make sure to keep systems up and running smoothly. In order for you to carry out your job we will provide you with modern development tools and an agile environment. In your day-to-day work, you are a person who loves the balance of eliminating toil and tackling the challenge of sustainably improving our services.
Who are we?
Lufthansa Systems Poland is acclaimed and widely recognized provider of superior services and IT solutions for the aeronautical, logistic and financial industries. As a part of the Lufthansa Group we implement technological solutions and dedicated services.
Who are you?
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar position,
- Hands-on experience in the setup, development, and operations of cloud-based solutions ranging from networking to application stack,
- Good experience in the use of container-based solutions and their operational concepts using container orchestration,
- Experience in current CI/CD tooling and its usage, for example Actions, Jenkins, ArgoCD or Fleet,
- Experience in Cloud Native design principles and their application within project work,
- Practical experience in programming language, e.g. Java or Go,
- Good knowledge and experience in a scripting language like Bash, Python, Terraform or Ansible,
- Capable of using Unix/Linux based operating systems,
- Practical experience in OWASP and Cloud Security,
- Strong communication and negotiation skills,
- Good analytical skills and assertiveness,
- Experience in Scrum or Kanban-based collaboration,
- High degree of interpersonal skills,
- Flexible and proactive working style,
- Distinct ability for interdisciplinary, holistic and goal-oriented work.
What do we welcome?
- Practical experience using Azure or GCP,
- Practical experience with a leading Kubernetes services from Azure or GCP,
- Experience in DevSecOps,
- Practical experience with Infrastructure as Code, for example with Terraform and Ansible,
- Practical experience in networking with for example: SDN, Firewall, Routing, VPN or MPLS,
- Access to knowledge of common integration solutions.
Why do we need you?
Your main job duties as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer include:
- Proactive advancement and operation of our central multi-cloud production platform with an emphasis on high automation, reliability and scalability in operations,
- Design, implement, optimize and operate central applications and services,
- Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis in order to identify problems and potential improvements and to introduce these to the development process,
- Define, agree and implement error budgets, SLAs, SLIs and SLOs with business stakeholders,
- Automation of all activities related to deployment of services and infrastructures like Kubernetes, compute services or databases,
- Establishment of a DevSecOps philosophy and the means of securing and developing our CI/CD-Pipeline and cloud environments,
- Introduce new technologies and frameworks from Cloud-, Web-, Infrastructure- and Open Source- fields,
- Review of technical details and evaluation or solicitation of vendor bids,
- Conducting effort evaluations and cost-benefit analysis,
- Close collaboration with distributed, international agile teams.
What do we offer?
- An international working environment, atmosphere that stimulates development,
- Individual career path,
- Flexible form of cooperation (employment contract or B2B),
- Lufthansa Group membership benefits,
- Flexible working time and place adjusted to employee’s needs. Possibility of starting your workday between 07:00 and 11:00,
- Support for your passion for sports within the local activity group and co-financing Multisport cards,
- Private medical care for employees and their family members.
Please be informed that mentioned benefits may vary in different forms of cooperation.